For many years, the Citroen Relay has been a well-liked panel van, in part because Citroen has made some generous financing offers. It debuted in 2006, and a new, enhanced model was introduced in 2014 to stay up with its primary competitors, the Ford Transit, Mercedes-Sprinter, and Volkswagen-Crafter.
The Citroen conversion program offers the Citroen Relay Luton Van line, designed and tested by the most recent European regulations, equipped as standard with various features, and easily adaptable to accommodate the additional tail-lift.
The Relay, often referred 'Jumper' outside of the UK, shares a platform and bodyshell with the Boxer Peugeot and the Ducato Fiat. There aren't many variations between these three vans that it may be difficult to tell them apart. Under that little hood, where PSA chooses a different lineup, Fiat employs its engines. There is one significant difference, as a couple of available power outputs on the 2.2-liter BlueHDi motors that Citroen and Peugeot use.
The Citroen Relay Luton grille, headlights, and big chevrons that merge into the front chrome strips are all inspired by the new automobile line of Citroen. It is a lovely touch of an elective LED strip placed inside the headlights.
Customers may choose from solid colors like Icy White and Thunder Grey to personalize their vehicles.
Citroen has contributed a variety of durable and dependable vehicles to the ready-to-drive lineup, including Luton and Luton Low-Floor, Dropside, Tipper, Curtainside, and Crew Vans. Citroen was one of the first manufacturers to provide predesigned modifications as part of this innovative concept.
The Citroen Relay Luton Van line comes in 2 lengths and can hold up to 4 tons. The height of 3100mm, Width of 2100mm, and wheelbase of 4035mm remain constant for both sizes.
- L3 - 6259mm Length, floor space 7.15m3, payload capacity 1159kg, and loading volume of 16m3
- L4 - 6642mm Length, floor space 8.53m3, payload capacity 1018kg, and loading volume of 20m3
The rear suspension of a Citroen Relay Luton is adjustable to lower or elevate the loading sill for better access by pneumatic compensation. Its two folding side doors make loading and unloading simple in any situation. Suspension can vary Luton's ground height, which ranges from 1.49m to 1.76m.
On the Citroen Relay Luton, safety comes first. Up to Eleven driving assists includes making all of your travels practical.
- The LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System) guards against distraction or lack of focus while the driver is behind the wheel.
- The emergency braking technology of the ABS, a proactive safety braking system, lowers the likelihood of an accident.
- The driver warned if there is a tear or loss of air pressure via the Tire Pressure Monitor, which continually checks the tires.
- Even on snow-covered roads, intelligent traction control enables you to drive safely.
- On sloping terrain, Grip Control and Hill Descent Control assist in limiting the speed to a maximum of 18mph.
- A tranquil driving experience with the Speed Limiter/Cruise Control.
- In reverse, the Rear Traffic Alert can identify cars coming from the left or right at a distance of 50m.
- Due to the visual aid, the Back View Cam makes reverse and parking movements simpler.
- For the best nighttime driving, the Smart E-System beamed headlights automatically switch between normal and dipped beams in reaction to approaching traffic.
- The Monitoring System for Blind Spot alerts of the Rear Traffic in Citroen Relay Luton and consider any caravan size while determining its visibility.
- The Drive Assist Pack's Speed-Limit-Sign detection and suggestion tool alerts the driver to the detected speed limit. The cruise control or speed limiter sets the vehicle speed to reflect as recommended.
The latest generation engines in the Citroen Relay Luton support sporty driving and efficient consumption, sold in a single horsepower range of 140.
The 140 hp BlueHDi diesel with StopStart and a six-gear manual transmission emits NEDC 186g/km CO2 & WTLP 344-280g/km CO2 in the Luton variant. The Economy calculated for this variant is around 13 liters per 100 Kilometers while 21.5 miles per gallon.
The Citroen Relay Luton contains an AdBlue tank, much like other current Euro 6 vans, that requires fluid to be filled to the top to maintain low emissions. Citroen currently reports the Relay's fuel efficiency using the most recent WLTP standard; this is appropriate, as it results in the latest models seeming to have far worse fuel efficiency than the ones they replaced.
Although the inside of the latest Citroen Relay Luton is an improvement over the earlier generations, it still seems quite functional. However, the optional tiny touchscreen display helps give the interior a more contemporary vibe.
Even when there isn't weight in the rear, the Relay has an effectively smooth ride. The suspended optional seat for drivers smooths out most bumps on back roads.
Few interior features:
- DAB (Digital radio & Bluetooth)
- 4 speakers
- Triple functional wing mirror aerial
- power steering assisted Variable
- Adjustable automatic door mirrors
- front electric windows
- Central folded seat clipboard
- 4-sided level ventilations
- Central lock mechanism
- Halogen polycarbonate lenses headlights
- Fog and double reverse lights
- automated adjustable headlight
- Tinted filtering glass
- Triple-speed front wipers
- Digital odometer, Speedometer, and trip computed recorder
- Counter for Rev, temperature water gauge, fuel gauge
- Lighted alarm
- Open door alert for doors for the cab portion
- 2 glove boxes (central lockable box)
- Passenger & driver hefty door pockets
- Passenger side open lower dash for storage
- Cabin 12v socket
- Storage overhead shelf
Citroen created the Ready to Run modified vehicle line because it recognizes that many companies need specially designed modifications to meet their unique requirements. Citroen claims that the Citroen Relay Luton is preferable to its sibling vans because of its emphasis on long-term operating expenses and client relationships. It is, therefore, safe to say that Citroen Relay Luton is one of the best options when considering Lutons.
Great value Luton Vans that we often have in stock. They are almost identical to the Peugeot Boxer Luton van
The Citroen Luton is a great base vehicle for conversion. Strong, lightweight and proven.
Check out our range of Citroen Vans for sale
See our other Luton Vans for sale